Renewable energy and energy efficiency
The competence centre based in Cape Town serves as an information, networking and consulting platform for the economy.
Building a Green Methanol Corridor in South Africa
The Southern African-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry, together with Berlin Consult would like to thank you for attending the Conference to learn about and discuss green methanol production in South Africa.
Your positive feedback and engagements point to a bright future for on-going green hydrogen initiatives in Gauteng as well as South Africa.
The Competence Centre: Sustainable Energies (CC:SE) aims to support the uptake of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies and services in the markets of Southern Africa.
The CC:SE is based in Cape Town.
The main tasks of the Competence Centre are:
- Market analysis and provision of market information
- Supporting companies in market entry and market expansion
- Activities geared towards sustainable energy market development
- Sector representation, network and cooperation platform
Green Hydrogen and PtX – Creating Business Linkages for the emerging Hydrogen Economy in South Africa
The Southern African-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG hosted a conference on the private sector participation in the emerging green hydrogen economy in South Africa.
During this conference, the following objectives were achieved:
- Provide an overview on the progress of South Africa’s move towards a green hydrogen industry
- Outline regulations regarding RED II compliant renewable energy for hydrogen projects
- Detail the potential for collaboration with German industry
- Provide the opportunity to exchange directly with German hydrogen technology and service providers
The conference is an activity of the Energy Solutions Initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK).
Hydrogen off-take in Germany and Collaboration Potential with German Industry
Ensuring EU RED II compliant Power Supply for Green Hydrogen Projects
Sector Brief Namibia: Renewable Energies
The Namibian energy and electricity market is in a state of flux and undergoing progressive liberalisation. The government has set itself the task of creating an enabling environment in which private sector players increasingly participate in the electricity market. The aim of this initiative is to target new forms of electricity generation and distribution models.