The services offered by the representative office in Lusaka are intended to draw the attention of German companies to business opportunities in Zambia, network them with decision-makers in the country and support them in accessing the market for trade and investment. The provision of development cooperation services is just as important here as the promotion of vocational training in Zambia, because here too economic interests go hand in hand with development policy interests.
The Lusaka office was established in 2016, the Chamber’s second office outside of South Africa. This office is responsible for the Zambian market with a focus on market development in major industries that include mining, agriculture, energy, water including infrastructure development.
- Market Entry Support
- Market Information
- Delegations and events
- Business Partner Searches
- The founding of the bilateral Mozambican/German Business Association
- Establishing dual training offerings
- Encouraging local private sectors advancement, development cooperation
About the Representative
Ms. Lena Charlotte Mueller spent the last seven years in China. In 2014 Ms. Mueller joint the AHK/German Industry and Commerce Greater China - Guangzhou Office and supported clients in the areas of Sales and Sourcing, Public Funded Projects and Fairs, Events and Delegations. In 2017 she moved to Shanghai to take over the department Fairs, Event and Delegations in the Shanghai Office of the AHK. Ms. Mueller will be heading our Zambia Office and take on the role of the Regional Representative of our Zambia office by mid June.
Developing the economy worldwide
An expert for development cooperation working at a German Chamber of Commerce Abroad (AHK)? What at first sounds like an unlikely approach has already proven to be very efficient for many years. In around 30 countries, ExperTS advise local, German and European companies on development policy issues in the following four priority areas:
- Sustainable economic development: ExperTS help to advance the sustainable development of the local economy by promoting export industry and innovation.
- Energy and environment: ExperTS support climate change mitigation and protection of the environment through technology and knowledge transfer.
- Vocational education and training: ExperTS develop solutions for vocational education and training of skilled personnel in cooperation with the private sector.
- Digitalisation and start-ups: ExperTS connect start-ups and their digital innovations with partners from the private and public sector.
Impressions of our events
Representative: Ms Lena Charlotte Müller