IFAT AFRICA 2019
Africa's leading trade fair for water, sewage, refuse and recycling
IFAT Africa is the leading environmental technology trade fair in sub-Saharan Africa focusing on water, sewage, waste and recycling. With an exhibition space of 6,000 square meters, IFAT Africa 2017 witnessed 152 exhibitors from 16 countries and 1,800 visitors from 38 countries. The next edition of the biennial event will take place from July 9 until 11, 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Johannesburg, co-located with analytica Lab Africa and food & drink technology Africa.
When: 09 – 11 July 2019
Visitors: Please click here.
Water shortage a normality
Cape Town only managed to avoid its “Day Zero” last year thanks to extensive water-saving measures. This was the first time the residents of one of the world’s major cities had faced the threat of their water supply being cut off. Today, the shortage of water has become a normality but significant investment in the water infrastructure is required nonetheless. From well construction to the upgrade of water pipes through to seawater desalination, IFAT Africa 2019 will present tailored solutions for sub-Saharan Africa. In order to confront this urgent problem with the greatest possible level of expertise, IFAT Africa and the Water Institute of Southern Africa (WISA)—the country’s largest water and wastewater association—have come together for the first time to form a partnership, which aims to establish closer links between technology and expertise.
Good reasons to attend
• High-calibre forum programme addressing various topics from the water, sewage, refuse and recycling sectors
• Brings together and inspire solution providers, practitioners and decision-makers to share knowledge and experience that relates to the proven and innovative environmental technologies, particularly in the water and waste sectors
• Local and international speakers from the industry, ministries, associations and the scientific profession
• Focuses on the topics of capacity-building, career development and offers valuable opportunities for business networking.
• The second University Challenge will be taking place. Universities enter their teams who then participate against one another, proving their skills and know-how. Put your company at the heart of international media attention. This is a show not to be missed.