Renewable energy and energy efficiency
The competence centre based in Cape Town serves as an information, networking and consulting platform for the economy.
The Competence Centre: Sustainable Energies (CC:SE) aims to support the uptake of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies and services in the markets of Southern Africa.
The CC:SE is based in Cape Town.
The main tasks of the Competence Centre are:
- Market analysis and provision of market information
- Supporting companies in market entry and market expansion
- Activities geared towards sustainable energy market development
- Sector representation, network and cooperation platform
Developing the economy worldwide
An expert for development cooperation working at a German Chamber of Commerce Abroad (AHK)? What at first sounds like an unlikely approach has already proven to be very efficient for many years. In around 30 countries, ExperTS advise local, German and European companies on development policy issues in the following four priority areas:
- Sustainable economic development: ExperTS help to advance the sustainable development of the local economy by promoting export industry and innovation.
- Energy and environment: ExperTS support climate change mitigation and protection of the environment through technology and knowledge transfer.
- Vocational education and training: ExperTS develop solutions for vocational education and training of skilled personnel in cooperation with the private sector.
- Digitalisation and start-ups: ExperTS connect start-ups and their digital innovations with partners from the private and public sector.